In daily life we negotiate on numerous occasions: for prices, projects, our needs and many more. For successful negotiations it pays to know professional strategies and tactics. This 1-day seminar (in English language) is an introduction to the art of negotiation.
If you had a systematic approach to negotiation, which allows you to understand and reflect upon your personal negotiation style, if you knew how to adopt appropriate negotiation strategies and leverage – than you increase your power to achieve agreement on your own terms.
This seminar aims to expand your self-awareness and negotiation abilities. Film sequences from the US-series House of Cards will illustrate keys to successful negotiation.
Target group: International junior and senior students from all faculties.
- Content of the seminar
• Preparing for your negotiation
• Negotiation strategy and tactics
• How to avoid typical negotiation mistakes
• Psychological factors in negotiation
- Learning objectives
• Understand your negotiation style, its strengths and weaknesses
• Understand the psychology of influence based on 5 key factors
• Use insights from the FBI and the latest neuro-scientific research to deal with stressful negotiations
• Learn strategies and tactics – like agenda setting and creating deadlocks – to act flexible.